At Games for a living we develop exciting AAA blockchain games, as well as tools to help gamers and game developers benefit from crypto. We are rapidly expanding and are looking for an experienced Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) with expertise in crypto, NFT and gaming to join our highly talented and motivated team.
Reporting to the CEO, the CMO will be responsible for the Games for a living brand identity and positioning. The CMO will also have considerable autonomy to develop a successful, growth-oriented marketing strategy, vision and plan, and direct the marketing team to make them a reality, and develop our Games as a Service proposition.
In this critical role, you will balance a creative mindset with a practical one as you oversee all branding and marketing initiatives and build, lead, engage and inspire your team. You will also need to have demonstrated experience at a senior level in blockchain projects.
- Market expertise & strategic planning: You will be attuned to the crypto asset and blockchain gaming markets and competition, and use this knowledge to identify opportunities (e.g. key events), develop the marketing strategy and budget, and direct marketing efforts towards success.
- Brand & marketing plan: You will be responsible for representing the Games for a living brand publicly, as well as improving the brand identity/proposition. You will also oversee the implementation of the marketing and communications plan, ensuring that the team members deliver on the different campaigns and activities and reporting on the results.
- Performance marketing and analytics: You will use a variety of channels for our user acquisition, and combine the in-depth skills of our marketing team with our world-class analytics team to measure and optimise the performance of those channels - both online and offline - to ensure that we are delivering profitable new game users to Games for a living.
- Stakeholder and partnership management: You will build and manage external relationships with key stakeholders, including crypto and gaming media, press, journalists, agencies, influencers, partners and investors, creating and nurturing strategic partnerships in the blockchain and video games space.
- TGE and NFT marketing: Working closely with senior management and the business development team, you will create and implement a comprehensive and project-specific marketing plan for our upcoming token generation event and NFT collection events.
- Community growth and engagement: Working together with the team and external agencies, you will be responsible for the plans to attract, maintain and engage both crypto and mainstream players across all our social media channels and through planned email marketing campaigns, keeping churn to a minimum.
- 12+ years of experience in marketing, growth and community management, and used to high performing managing teams: VP level or higher experience in a public lead trader company
- Understanding of blockchain aspects such as NFT, DeFi, governance, utility tokens, DAO, launchpads, Binance network, wallets, etc.
- Proven track record and experience in the crypto space, and working knowledge of channels including Discord and Telegram.
- Extremely proactive and strategic, able to take the initiative and create and implement growth-oriented plans without instruction or guidance.
- Analytically minded, with a deep understanding of data analysis methods and market research.
- Outstanding leadership skills.
Nice to have:
- Successful Games as a Service launch and growth experience.
- Professional DeFi or blockchain gaming growth marketing experience.
- Familiarity with the NFT art scene and connections with key stakeholders.
- We would prefer someone with a proven track record in the video games or blockchain industries, but we are open to considering candidates from other industries, provided they have an in-depth knowledge of the crypto space.
- 25 days of paid holiday.
- Start-up atmosphere with free coffee & fruit, social events and cool office facilities.
- Front-row seat in the development of a Web3 future.
- Innovation-driven work environment.
- Work hands on with an outstanding team of video game professionals.
Important: No recruiters. Contractors will be considered, please include day rate and salary expectations in your application.
Think your skills match up? Please apply here and we would love to discuss further!